Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Shakespeare Experiences


I haven't had very many experiences with Shakespeare apart from reading Hamlet, Taming of the Shrew, and Romeo and Juliet in High School. My favorite of those three was probably the Taming of the Shrew because we read the whole play out loud in class and my teacher was quite excited about Shakespeare.

I did go to an outdoor theater once with some friends to see a production of Hamlet. The actor playing Hamlet was really good, and I remember that during one of his soliloquies, a torrential rainstorm came down on us. So, we saw the rest of the production soaking wet, but I thoroughly enjoyed the last scene even though I was soaked. In that production, Gertrude coughs up the poison goblet that she drinks and it looked so real!

Other than that, I have not had a lot of exposure to Shakespeare, but I have always liked his wit and the depth of his works. I am super excited to study more plays with greater intensity!

No comments:

Post a Comment